Before rushing off to start testosterone supplementation to treat your condition it is important that you address your testosterone deficiency with the following dot-points in mind since there could be various contributing factors to the symptoms you are suffering.
These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Are you suffering from specific medical conditions such as iron deficiency, abnormal bleeding, diabetes, depression and thyroid disease require addressing before considering hormonal therapies
- You may need to check your lifestyle and try a little regular exercise, stop smoking, reduce your alcohol intake and get your weight ldown if any of these are not ‘right’
- If you suffer from pain during sexual intercourse which may be the real problem rather than a lowered testosterone then vaginal lubricants could provide relief for vaginal dryness and dyspareunia (difficult or painful sexual intercourse)
- Localized estrogen pessaries, vaginal tablets, creams and gels could also help
- Kegel exercises will improve vaginal muscle tone and muscle associated with orgasm, and in managing incontinence if this is an issue for you
- Alteration of prescribed medications which may interfere with sexual function if appropriate. Especially oral hormone replacement therapy (HRT – move to bioidentical alternatives for these), oral contraceptives (OC’s) and antidepressants
If you are sure that none of the above are issues for you then you should seriously consider using a bioidentical testosterone cream to treat your condition.